results you want.
Personal Injury Division
As litigation attorneys, our skill set helps clients not only with family law issues and business situations but in personal injury cases as well...Read More »
results you want.
a firm with a vision.
are not on your side.
in South Central Texas.
|Top 10 Things To Do After Top 10 Things NOT To Do||
New Braunfels Personal Injury Lawyer
Personal Injury Attorney Serving New Braunfels, San Marcos, Seguin, and Throughout South Central Texas
When injuries from someone's negligence occur, insurance companies seek to minimize the compensation paid in claims to injury victims. Personal injury attorneys need a strong grasp of Texas tort law to analyze the facts, create negotiating leverage, and be prepared for trial when necessary. Victims have rights to various damages. Compensatory damages compensate for losses. Economic damages compensate for quantified, actual losses such as medical care and property damage. Noneconomic include physical pain, mental anguish, disfigurement, loss of companionship, and more. Exemplary damages penalize and deter defendants for actions involving fraud, malicious intent, or gross negligence.
The Bettersworth Law Firm has represented clients in Texas for nearly 20 years. Mr. Bettersworth belongs to the exclusive Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum, in which has only 4000 members across the United States. Forum membership is only for attorneys who have won million and multi-million dollar verdicts and settlements. Contact our office at 830-606-0404 for a free consultation for matters involving:
Car Accidents and Wrongful Death
Many trial lawyers agree that South Central Texas is one of the best places in the state to pursue negligence cases in court. Insurance companies know that area jurors tend to be sympathetic to victims, so many cases settle rather quickly and on very favorable financial terms. Of course, not every case settles right away. However, the aggressive attorneys at The Bettersworth Law Firm do not lose heart. Instead, we fight for you during the preliminary hearings, throughout the discovery phase, and all the way to trial. All the while, we remain open to settlement on favorable terms and always promptly keep you informed about important developments in your case.
We advocate for clients in cases of drunk driving, hit-and-run, and distracted driving. Commercial (semi) trucks accidents are particularly dangerous. Negligent truck drivers create liabilities for themselves and trucking companies. Restrictions on hours driven per day and maintenance requirements are often ignored. Motorcyclists are 26 times more likely to die in collisions then cars and will likely need significant financial compensation.
Business and Fraud Litigation
In addition to consumer-related practice areas, The Bettersworth Law Firm assists the business community and investors with contract or fraud-related concerns including:
- Construction and commercial litigation;
- Contract breaches;
- Tortious interference and unethical business practice;
- Mechanic's/Materialman's Liens; and
- Investors subjected to Ponzi Schemes, churning, and unsuitable investments.
Our skilled team is able to help businesses achieve results that will achieve or exceed expectations. Through intense preparations and detail-oriented planning, we are able to offer the best possible case results to corporate entities.
Experienced New Braunfels Divorce Lawyer
Life-changing family matters are emotional with long-term consequences. We guide you through mediation, collaborative services or litigation based on your unique needs and goals. Our family law attorneys and divorce lawyers assist clients with the following:
- Child Issues - Child custody, child support, visitation, and other child-related matters.
- Uncontested Divorce - When a separating couple is able to negotiate terms that are satisfactory to both parties.
- Grounds for Divorce - In no-fault instances, the marriage is insupportable or irreconcilable. Others include cruelty, adultery, abandonment, felony conviction, confinement, or living separately.
- Property Division - Assets are deemed community property unless they are separate property, meaning owned before marriage, acquired as a gift, or from a descendant or injury settlement.
- Spousal Maintenance - Court orders awarding regular payments from a spouse to support the other.
- Domestic Violence - Victims may receive court protection orders restricting communication, residence access and may establish temporary financial arrangements
I just wanted justice for my motherThank you so much for all of your help and assistance with her case. I simply wanted the Doctor to think twice next time he treated a patient. Because of your help with my case, I feel like we have made a difference and probably saved lives.
You guys are awesomeThanks for all of the help that you have provided to my family. We will be forever grateful.
James Bettersworth is a true professionalwho demonstrates great integrity as he zealously works to take care of every client’s legal needs.
We just want to thank youWe are so grateful for all the hard work. You were more than just an attorney and I feel that you are a friend. Both you and your staff will always have a place in our heart.