New Braunfels, TX Construction Accident Lawyer
Construction Negligence Attorney in Seguin, San Marcos, and Throughout Comal County
Serious construction accidents are nearly inevitable in South Central Texas, given the nearly constant stream of construction in the area. A combination of inexperienced workers that are often poorly trained, and the extremely competitive landscape of the local construction industry, is often a recipe for disaster. Innocent bystanders are also at risk from falling objects, motor vehicle crashes, and a host of other hazards. Injured workers are eligible for cash benefits through workers' compensation, and a civil suit may also be in order, in some cases; injured bystanders may take their claim for economic and noneconomic damages directly to a courtroom.
The compassionate attorneys at The Bettersworth Law Firm understand the life-altering emotional and financial consequences of a sudden injury. We take the time to discuss your case thoroughly with you and answer any questions you may have. Then, we prepare a concrete plan of action that is designed to get you the maximum amount of compensation allowable under the circumstances.
Serious construction-related accidents occur both on and off the job-site. Because they have no training, no warning, and no access to safety equipment, non-workers are particularly vulnerable to injury from:
- Falling Objects: The old adage about a penny transforming into a lethal object when dropped from the top of The Empire State Building is at least partially true. Tools and equipment dropped by workers on scaffolding often plummets onto the sidewalk below.
- Motor Vehicle Crashes: Huge trucks, noisy job-sites, and poor lines of sight often combine to create serious collisions.
- Dangerous Walkways: Small objects that find their way onto the sidewalk often lead to slip-and-fall accidents, especially when light or visibility is poor.
- Contaminant Inhalation: Exposure to dust and debris leads to breathing difficulties, and exposure to asbestos fibers, which are present in most older buildings, is potentially lethal.
Employers have a legal duty to prevent foreseeable accidents, and those that fail, or refuse, to do so must pay monetary damages.
In addition to the above incidents, workplace assaults are rather common. Many times, employers fail to properly screen new workers and do not intervene in workplace disputes, and these arguments can explode into violence. As a result of employer negligence, many workers suffer:
- Trauma Injuries: Co-worker assault, fall from a height, and motor vehicle crashes are among the most common workplace trauma injuries.
- Occupational Disease: In addition to contaminant inhalation, many workers suffer from repetitive stress disorders, joint pain, or back pain.
Workers' compensation provides cash benefits to make up for economic losses. Victims are able to obtain additional damages in court if they were hurt due to a negligent co-worker, a defective product, or the employer's intentional neglect.
Construction sites are potentially dangerous places. For a free consultation in this area, contact The Bettersworth Law Firm today at 830-606-0404. Attorney James Bettersworth belongs to the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum, whose members have won multi-million dollar cases.