free consultations for injury matters
Calls Answered 24/7


New Braunfels Premises Liability Attorney

Premises Liability Lawyer in New Braunfels, TX

Under the law of premises liability, property owners must keep their property in a reasonably safe condition. If you are injured in a slip-and-fall accident or another type of accident while on someone else's property, and the accident was caused by the owner's negligence, you may be eligible to receive compensation for pain and suffering, lost wages, and medical expenses. With the help of an attorney, you can take steps to hold the property owner responsible for their failure to provide you with a reasonably safe premises.

In order to bring a claim for damages, you should call the New Braunfels slip-and-fall accident lawyers at The Bettersworth Law Firm as soon as possible. With our understanding of the laws that affect premises liability cases in Texas and our experience representing clients who have been injured in slip-and-fall accidents and other situations, we can work to ensure that you will be able to recover the compensation you need and deserve.

Were You Injured in a Slip-And-Fall Accident?

Slip-and-fall injuries can be very serious. The most common slip-and-fall injuries are fractures of the hips, spine, or forearms. Falls can also be responsible for head and brain injuries. Falling is one of the leading causes of accidental death in the United States, especially among the elderly.

Premises liability cases are not limited to injuries caused by slip-and-fall or trip-and-fall accidents. For example, if you are assaulted in the parking lot of a store, you may have a claim for compensation against the store for not providing a reasonably safe environment. Premises liability also covers injuries caused by objects falling on you in stores, burn injuries received in a fire at someone else's property, or other situations where a property owner failed to take reasonable measures to protect your safety.

At our law firm, we handle all premises liability cases on a contingency fee basis. That means we will bear the cost of bringing your slip-and-fall injury case to trial. If we do not make a recovery for you, you owe us nothing. Remember, the sooner you call us, the sooner our slip-and-fall accident attorneys and investigators can go to work on your behalf. Our reputation for success is well-earned, and we look forward to demonstrating that.

What Does it Take to Hold a Property Owner Legally Liable for Your Injuries?

It is not enough to show that you were injured on someone else's property. In order to hold the property owner/manager liable, you will need to demonstrate the following four things:

  1. That the defendant knew or should have known about the hazard/condition that caused your injury.
  2. That there was an unreasonable risk of harm posed by the hazard/condition such that it needed to be addressed.
  3. That the defendant failed to take reasonable steps to eliminate or otherwise mitigate the risk.
  4. That the hazard/condition was the primary cause of your injuries.

These elements are sometimes obvious and sometimes less so. However, an experienced attorney will help you present the strongest possible case for property owner liability.

Which Kinds of Property Owners Can Be Held Liable?

As examples on this page have suggested, you can pursue premises liability claims against owners of residential property (homeowners) and owners of commercial property like stores and restaurants. Under the Texas Tort Claims Act, you can also pursue certain premises liability claims against the government for injuries on government-owned property. Your options are mostly limited in this last category, however, so it is important to discuss them with an attorney.

Contact Our Comal County Premises Liability Attorney

If you or someone you know has been the victim of a slip-and-fall accident or another injury while visiting someone else's property, The Bettersworth Law Firm can help. Contact our Texas slip-and-fall lawyers today at 830-606-0404 to schedule a free confidential consultation. We serve clients in Comal County, Hays County, and Guadalupe County.

Back to Top