Treating Personal Injury Personally
James S. Bettersworth
James S. Bettersworth was raised in Texas. He received his undergraduate degree from Texas Lutheran University. He later went on to obtain his Juris Doctorate from St. Mary's Law School in 1997,a feat he was able to accomplish in just 2 ½ years.
Upon graduating from St. Mary's he became license on June 4th, 1998. Since then, he has successfully represented clients in legal matters that pertain to a very wide range of laws.
In addition to being licensed to practice in the state of Texas, Mr. Bettersworth is also licensed to practice in the Federal Courts of the Western District of Texas. He also holds a license that allows him to practice in the 5th Circuit Court of appeals, located in New Orleans and has had the distinct honor of arguing before a judicial panel for the court. He is also a member of the Texas Bar Association, the Federal Bar Association for the Western District of Texas and the Texas Trial Lawyers Association.
Mr. Bettersworth is well known throughout the legal community for his aggressive and straightforward approach. He relentlessly concentrates his efforts on achieving the best result for his clients in a timely manner.
- Personal Injury
- Family Law
- Business and Consumer Fraud Litigation
- Texas, 1998
- U.S. District Court Western District of Texas
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit
- St. Mary's University School of Law, San Antonio, Texas
- Juris Doctorate - 1997
- Texas Lutheran University
- Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum, 2011-Present, Member
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum, Member
- San Antonio Trial Lawyers Association, 2010-Present
- Texas Bar Association, Member
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- New Braunfels Independent School District Board of Trustees, 2015 to Present
- New Braunfels Independent School District, Board of Trustees, May 2015-Present