New Braunfels Business and Consumer Fraud Litigation Attorney
South Central Texas Business and Consumer Fraud Lawyer
All business and consumer transactions rely on written and oral agreements, whether the subject is a babysitter for the evening or a multimillion-dollar merger. Sometimes, these contracts are executed with little or no disagreement. Other times, however, there is a substantial lack of performance on the part of one or both parties. Although this nonperformance may be due to a simple misunderstanding, there are typically serious issues involved, such as the quality or volume of the goods or services delivered, payment terms, and other matters. Regardless of the nature of the dispute, it is important that an attorney intervenes as soon as possible because time is money.
In any business law matter, the professional attorneys at The Bettersworth Law Firm quickly dissect the facts and apply the relevant law. Our experienced team also anticipates the arguments the other side may make, so there are no surprises during litigation. We are here to help, whether you are looking to enforce an existing contract or need to find a legal escape clause.
Helping Businesses in San Marcos, Seguin, and Throughout Texas
Most business relationships are controlled by both the written or oral agreement between the parties and the applicable law, such as the Uniform Commercial Code, Texas Business and Commerce Code, local or county ordinances, and prior judicial decisions. We apply proven methods of contract interpretation to disputes involving:
- Breach of Contract: Sometimes there is a legal justification for a refusal or failure to obey contract terms, but often there is no such reason.
- Construction Litigation: Builders, owners, suppliers, and vendors all count on each other to timely fulfill their contractual obligations to one another.
- Tortious Interference with Contract: In most cases, workers have the right to take their skills to the free market, but there are some important limitations involved, most notably in the form of non-competition agreements.
- Mechanic's and Materialman's Liens: These claims against real property to secure payment for materials and/or labor are very beneficial for contractors and highly detrimental to landowners.
- Commercial Litigation: In addition to breach of contract disputes, some businesses are involved in bankruptcy litigation, franchising disputes, or employment litigation.
- Investment Fraud: If a person or entity benefited by making a false statement as to a material fact, such benefit is illegal.
We routinely handle cases in other areas as well, such as libel and slander, defamation of character, and breach of fiduciary duty.
The Results We Obtain
Our experienced team is nearly always able to achieve results that exceed or clients' expectations. We do this through diligent preparation and detail-oriented thinking because there are no shortcuts to success, however, "success" is defined in a given scenario. In fact, we are never satisfied with anything less that the best possible result under the circumstances.
Complex business disputes require an experienced attorney. For a free consultation with an aggressive lawyer, contact The Bettersworth Law Firm at 830-606-0404. Our main office is centrally located in New Braunfels.