New Braunfels Construction Litigation Attorney
Construction Litigation Lawyer in Seguin, Bexar County, and Comal County
You have straightforward expectations for your construction or renovation project, whether it is a residential home or place of business. You expect it to be completed on time, within budget, and according to specification. However, disputes are common in all three of these areas. Sometimes, the issue is a breach of contract, and it can be handled in that way. More often, though, there are issues with the final product. In these situations, you need the defect to be remedied, and you need it done in the most cost-effective manner possible.
The hard-working team at The Bettersworth Law Firm know that diligent effort is a foundation for success in almost any endeavor, and that particularly includes commercial litigation. We are always well-prepared and never let deadlines sneak up on us. Because we give you our best effort every day, you can expect the best possible outcome in any dispute.
Builders or contractors who fail to deliver as promised nearly always have an excuse. You do not accept these excuses, and neither do we. That is why we handle a wide range of construction litigation areas, including:
- Unreasonable Delays: Natural delays, like bad weather, are unavoidable. Negligent or intentional delays, on the other hand, are unacceptable.
- Payment Disputes: Generally speaking, a contractor or builder has no legal right to demand a change in payment terms unilaterally.
- Construction Defects: Sometimes, workers fall behind and then take shortcuts to complete the project on time.
- Performance and Payment Bonds: These actions are somewhat similar to mechanic's lien matters. If the workers fail to complete the project as per the contract, there may be money available to satisfy a plaintiff's claim.
Other common issues in this area include personal injury claims, defective design, and OSHA, EEOC, or TWC disputes.
Many of these same problems infect residential construction projects. Other times, latent defects exist and they are not discovered for months or even years. We provide aggressive representation regarding:
- Mold Claims: If mold or other bacteria develop anywhere in a house, it may become very unhealthy and virtually unsellable.
- Water Penetration: This category includes slow-developing problems like window leaks, foundation leaks, roof leaks, and other plumbing-related issues.
- Structural Defects: Cracked foundations usually require thousands of dollars in repairs, and other structural repairs are equally as expensive.
Either alone or in concert, these deficiencies often amount to a breach of the warranty of habitability or a similar actionable matter. Protect your real estate investment in South Central Texas and contact The Bettersworth Law Firm today. Call us at 830-606-0404 for a free consultation.