New Braunfels Divorce and Business Litigation Lawyer
Litigation and Family Law Attorney in San Marcos, Seguin, and South Central Texas
Family law has changed considerably at the federal level, and these changes are only starting to filter into the Lone Star State. Soon, judges will resolve disputes that were entirely behind closed doors just ten or twenty years ago, in addition to the ever-increasing number of traditional family law disputes. At the same time, Texas' economy has expanded rapidly in the last several years, especially in areas like mining, manufacturing, textiles, and real estate. This increased activity may well lead to an avalanche of business litigation matters in South Central Texas.
In this developing environment, it is more important than ever to partner with an attorney that gives you the strongest voice possible, and that is what you will find at The Bettersworth Law Firm. Just like we fight the big insurance companies in personal injury matters, we fight for your legal and financial rights in other civil litigation areas. And, this strong and tireless voice delivers results that often exceed your expectations.
We stand ready to assist South Central Texas families in areas like:
- Uncontested Divorce: If the non-filing spouse cannot be located or does not respond to the petition, these marriage dissolutions may often be concluded in a matter of a few months, or even sooner.
- Contested Divorce: We provide effective representation for both filing and non-filing spouses who want to contest part or all of a divorce action.
- Contested Divorce with Children: The majority of Texas marriage dissolutions fall into this category, and they often involve complex legal and factual disputes.
- Modification: Most family law decrees should be legally updated once every three or four years, or even sooner, as circumstances dictate.
- Custody Disputes: This area concerns conservatorship, or where the children live, as well as visitation and support issues.
- Enforcement: If a property division or custody order is repeatedly or egregiously violated, the court will most likely intervene to stop the misbehavior.
- Domestic Violence: We help victims who need protection as well as those who have been wrongfully accused.
- Paternity: Generally, only a legal father has a duty to provide financial support and the right to demand visitation.
Fighting for Your Business
Our team is committed to your business' success. We routinely handle commercial cases involving:
- Breach of Contract: Any failure to timely and completely comply with contract terms is generally a breach of contract.
- Construction Litigation: We stand ready to assist in both the prosecution or defense of a residential or commercial claim
- Tortious Interference: Whether or not there is a contract in place, damages may still be available for negligent or wrongful interference.
- Mechanic's Liens: These commercial liens are often a boon for suppliers and a thorn in the side of landowners.
- Commercial Litigation: This umbrella term includes bankruptcy litigation, business torts, and other areas as well.
- Investment Fraud: Laws are in place to stop those who would profit by unfairly exploiting other people.
To learn more about us, or to schedule your free consultation, contact The Bettersworth Law Firm at 830-606-0404.