Man Files Personal Injury Suit Against Wal-Mart
According to a recent report in the Southern Texas Record, a Hardin County resident has filed a personal injury lawsuit against Wal-Mart for serious injuries he says he sustained after he slipped and fell. The suit, which was filed November 30, 2012, states the man fell in October 2010 at a Wal-Mart in Lumberton. He is seeking an award of damages for medical expenses, loss of earning capacity, impairment of earnings, physical pain, mental anguish, physical impairment, physical disfigurement, exemplary damages, interest and court costs. The lawsuit accuses Wal-Mart of being negligent in the following areas:
- Failing to maintain the floor in a reasonably safe condition.
- Failing to properly inspect and maintain the flooring area in question.
- Failing to remove the substance causing the slip and fall.
- Failing to discover and remove the slick substance within a reasonable time.
- Failing to give adequate and understandable warnings to the plaintiff of the unsafe condition of the flooring area.
- Failing to use the care of a reasonable prudent person under the same or similar circumstances.