Put a Safety Plan in Place before Hitting the Road This Holiday Season
According to the Texas A&M Transportation Institute, the day before the Thanksgiving is the most traveled day during the extended holiday weekend. An increased number of drivers on the road has the potential of more car accidents and fatalities. For Texans planning holiday travel for Thanksgiving, it is best to keep these safety tips in mind:
- plan your route carefully;
- prepare for your trip to anticipate any delays; and
- allow plenty of driving time to reach your destination.
- lane closures;
- accident location alerts;
- road conditions;
- traffic flow/congestion; and
- rest stop locations.
- be well rested and alert;
- do not text (or use your mobile device) and drive;
- make frequent stops during long trips to avoid fatigue;
- designate a driver if you plan on drinking;
- carry a disaster supplies kit in the trunk; and
- do not allow the gas tank to get too low.
Tagged in: driver safety driving safety holiday driving New Braunfels car accident lawyer road safety Texas car accident lawyer Texas Department of Transportation