Study Puts Texas at Number Three for Worst Drivers in Country
A new study puts the state of Texas as the number three state in the country with the worst drivers. This ranking comes from a company which compares car insurance companies for consumers, CarInsuranceComparison.com, according to a USA Today article. The data was compiled utilizing statistics from National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA). The statistics for each state the company used was based on the following criteria:
- The fatality rate for every 100 million vehicle miles which were traveled;
- The percentage of crashes which were caused by a driver’s failure to obey traffic laws. (These laws included not wearing seat belts, driving with an invalid license, and not following traffic signals.);
- The percentage of crashes which involved drunk drivers;
- The percentage of crashes which were caused by speeding driver; and
- The percentage of crashes which were caused by careless driving. The company used statistics based on the number of pedestrian and bicycle fatalities per 100,000 people in the state.
Tagged in: car accident car accidents car crash new braunfels accident lawyer personal injury lawyer Texas car accident lawyer